On my recent trip to London (which I am still in the process of writing about) I had the blissful experience of visiting the Borough markets. Among the countless stalls of heavenly artisan products, I came across a raw honey stall belonging to a friendly couple whose company is called From Field and Flower. Avid food lovers themselves, they source the most delicious raw honey from the UK, Tasmania, Italy and Sweden. Check out their honey selection online and a bit about their story. After struggling to make a decision as to which honey I would purchase, I settled on two, the Apricot variety from the Italian Honey Creme range and the Swedish wildflower creamed Honey. I cannot explain the flavours! The bees making their honey must pollinate in the most luscious habitats. Seriously mind-blowing sweetness and flavours!
I’ve been waiting for the right time to use this treasured ingredient as I don’t want it to finish! I decided to team it with grilled peaches for dessert and flavour some mascarpone cream with the apricot infused honey. Plus of course a lovely drizzle of it over the top of the peaches too! OH MY! Was it delicious! Probably the easiest dessert I’ve ever made with such moorish flavours. Simple, tasty and oh so satisfying! Yes, I know the mascarpone adds a touch of decadence but hey, a dollop….or three…or four wont hurt! 😉 If you can find a farmers market and get your sticky fingers on a jar of gorgeous raw honey, please do so! Not only are the flavours so much tastier, the health benefits are well worth it! I have saved the Swedish wildflower creamed jar for when the family are run down. I find raw honey is the best medicine to ward off sore throats and colds due to its anti-inflammatory & antiseptic properties. Knowing the medicinal benefits of raw honey, makes eating it by the spoonful that much more difficult to stop. 😉
I hope you enjoy this dessert for all its beauty, decadence and health benefits! ;)xxx
- 4 ripe peaches
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 280 ml cream
- 250 ml mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1-2 tbsp raw honey + extra to drizzle
- Almond flakes - roasted
- Roast the almond flakes in a hot oven until they are toasty and golden brown. Set aside.
- Halve and de-seed the peaches, then brush the flesh lightly with olive oil.
- Heat a griddle pan to med-high heat and place the peaches flesh side down until they start to show blackened grill marks on the flesh.
- In a medium bowl combine the cream, mascarpone, honey and vanilla bean paste till smooth.
- Serve the grilled peaches with a generous dollop of the cream mixture, a sprinkle of the roasted almonds and an extra drizzle of honey.